Seriously, there are so (SO!) many things I should be doing right now. But instead I am daydreaming about Paris (again). And I wonder why I never get anything done!
This morning’s daydream (the one that is stopping me from doing the laundry and unpacking the dishwasher) has got me thinking about the perfect Sunday in Paris. Here’s where I have got to so far…
- Wake up (late) in a sun filled with apartment with a great view. Extra points if the apartment has white linen and oak flooring. And a little balcony would be nice.
- Breakfast (ideally taken on the little balcony) – warm croissants and freshly brewed coffee.
- Leisurely wander along the Seine River, before cutting across the front of the Louvre to the Jardin du Palais Royal. Here we would nab a chair by the fountain. This is one of my favourite places in Paris to watch both people and clouds.
- Are we hungry yet? Probably, we didn’t leave the apartment until late. Choose from one of the many Sunday dining options available in the centre of Paris. It goes without saying that this meal involves at least 3 courses and wine!
- Time to walk all of that lunch off. The Marais is always fun on a Sunday, if you don’t mind crowds, which we don’t. I think we are aiming for Place des Vosges, as long as I don’t get distracted by the little boutiques along the way.
I’m yet to decide from where we are going to watch the sunset, whether we need to squeeze in a little cultural visit (small museum maybe?) and if we are eating dinner in the apartment (I think we are, after that big lunch….we’d better consider that carefully though, as many of our favourite food shopping options aren’t open on a Sunday). Oh, and do we want ice cream?
Any other ideas on how to spend a perfect Sunday in Paris? I’m always happy to have options – they give me something to think about while I do the ironing!
Until next time – au revoir.